Stormtec is growing! We’re on track for over 30% growth this year which means we need top-tier talent to join our successful team.
Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
The revamped role of Warehouse Manager, reporting directly to the President, is responsible for leading and managing a team of 5. This is a challenging role that will be both strategic and hands-on, ensuring the warehouse keeps up with the demands of sales and field service.
Warehouse Department Objectives
- Package and ship equipment for treatment systems for new projects
- Ship and receive consumable deliveries
- Receive equipment returning from projects
- Test, repair and certify all used equipment
- Accurately manage all inventory movements
- R&D, purchasing, building and testing of new equipment
- Maintain close relationships with all key vendors and suppliers
- Set priorities for, lead and work with the warehouse team
- Hire, train, develop and manage all warehouse staff, including drivers
- Participate in the safety committee and ensure that all warehouse operations are conducted in accordance with safe work practices
- Serve on the senior leadership team as the warehouse representative
- Initiate and lead continuous process improvement in warehouse operations
- Maintain and develop inventory system and controls
- Oversee purchasing and vendor selection, negotiations and relationships
- Prepare budgets and achieve expenditure management and performance goals
- Act as key point of contact for sales reps and other departments for equipment and scheduling
- Cost efficiently meet equipment supply demands (e.g. inventory management, scheduling, purchasing, re-renting)
Skills & Experience
- Post-secondary education in logistics/warehouse management or equivalent experience with related facility management training preferred
- Minimum three to five years progressive warehouse and inventory control management experience, with a focus on strong leadership and relationship-building skills
- At least two or more years of supervisory/management experience
- Strong work ethic combined with excellent time management skills and an ability to calmly manage multiple priorities in an organized and detailed manner
- Work well under pressure (internal and external)
- Strong knowledge of all warehouse procedures
- Strong, interactive team player able to bring out the best in other
- Integrative thinker with proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate and timely reports
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of Accounting, HR and Payroll activities and practices
- Experience with construction, water treatment and/or pump equipment preferred
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org