Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
The Sales Manager will have a history of proven SOLUTIONS SALES experience that has allowed him/her to achieve revenue, gross margin and growth targets. The successful incumbent will have a track record of leading and managing a sales department by developing and implementing departmental strategy, sales procedures and building trust thru team based sales.
He or she will bring strong relationship building skills that will ensure close and constructive collaboration with the Operations department as well as Corporate Services to ensure the best interests of Stormtec Group are achieved.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
- Lead and manage sales teams’ targets, provide opportunity for growth and mentor development of sales team with a goal of being a “multiplier” of what they can successfully do on their own.
- Participate as a member of the management team representing sales and its initiatives, timelines and priorities.
- Lead and strengthen internal communication with staff at all levels throughout the organization, creating a positive and supportive work environment.
- Undertake a set amount of time to directly pursue own accounts for sales and project management
- Explore market opportunities to grow the business, researching new opportunities online and through networking. Work with the sales team to help secure new opportunities/bids.
- Follow up with customers after a project has started to ensure satisfaction with Stormtecs’ system and service.
- Remain current on industry trends, market activity and competitor products.
- Work within sales and marketing team to develop and manage a business development (prospecting) plan which supports the company’s growth plans.
Strategy & Marketing
- Lead development of strategic plans for each market segment in coordination with segment leaders in department.
- Review and provide input into corporate strategic plans and budgets as part of the annual planning process. Work closely with the marketing department to share industry information, competitors approach and ideas to promote the position of Stormtec.
- Ensure effective & proactive coordination and communications between Sales Department and Operations and/or Corporate Services.
- Compile & update sales documentation (e.g. pricing, customer lists, contacts).
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Economics, Sales or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of successful SOLUTIONS SALES within environmental, oil & gas, mining, or other transferable industry.
- Proven success in developing new business and generating sales leads by managing a territory and selling activities
- 3+ years in a supervisory or management role with demonstrated team sales results.
- Worked with technical information pertaining to water management systems is required.
- Demonstrated presentation skills - comfortable speaking in client/project meetings and seminars
- Demonstrated ability in crafting a win-win solution and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale
- Demonstrated experience with Sales Tracking Software, Customer Relationship Management Software, or proprietary software (CRM, Salesforce, Maximizer etc.).
- Demonstrated intermediate skills with Microsoft Office suite, Internet and proprietary software.
- Valid driver’s license with a respectable driving record is required.
- Basic understanding of Accounting practices.
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Sales Manager ” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.