Project Accountant - Invoicing
Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
The Project Accountant is responsible for managing the billing process for each project. This includes reviewing or entering vendor bills, maintaining project paper file, creating project invoices, as well as communicating with customers, vendors and staff. This role provides accounting and administrative support where needed and takes pride and ownership in the tasks assigned, while working in a strong team environment.
• Create invoices based on billable items/services by carefully reviewing and understanding work orders (hourly billing, consumables, change orders, system upgrades, sales, etc.) clarifying with Operations Coordinator when required
• Prepare and submit invoice packages (including draft and final copies) to Sales Representative(s) for review for all billable projects
• Send invoices to clients on a timely basis (based on invoicing schedule)
• Reconcile the cash receipts against outstanding invoices, investigate differences
• Bring to the attention of Sales and/or Operations departments any disputes or customer issues with invoices and help facilitate timely resolution and prepare any adjustments necessary
• Research any unbilled issues to optimize billing possibilities for the billing period
• Generate and distribute project profitability reports
• Analyze the Gross Margin reports by Revenue type / Customer / Class monthly
• Prepare monthly Deferred Revenues Adjustments
• Prepare monthly Revenue Accrual Adjustments General Accounting and Admin
• Gather work orders, organize, scan and upload into NetSuite, on a project by project basis as required.
• Reconcile equipment movements from shipping/receiving logs to work orders (Service reports) to Netsuite
• Other duties as assigned by the Corporate Controller General
• Promotes a positive image of Stormtec equipment and services while providing exceptional customer service.
• Constructively contribute to the team ideas for improvement in processes
• Take pride and ownership in the tasks assigned, while being able to work in a strong team environment
EDUCATION & TRAINING
• Completed post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in an accounting field (ex. Business Administration, Commerce, Economics)
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 3 years project accounting experience, preferably in a team-oriented environment
• Experience generating Invoices based on billable work in a construction company or a rental company
• Working within a complex ERP environment (NetSuite experience is an asset)
• Job costing experience (preferred)
• Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel
Attributes & Skills
• Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to calmly manage multiple and competing priorities in an organized and detailed manner
• Interactive team player, integrative thinker with proven problem-solving skills
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
• Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
• Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
• Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
• Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
• Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Project Accountant - Invoicing ” on the subject line of your email.
• If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
• A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.