Stormtec offers water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving the most challenging water treatment projects on budget and on schedule. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management solutions in Western Canada.
We specialize in smart, environmentally advanced water management. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
Stormtec is seeking an experienced Operations Coordinator. This role is at the “center of everything” and is critical to the daily operations of Stormtec. If you thrive in a fast paced environment, excel at managing frequent and last-minute changes, while remaining calm and positive to the many people you are coordinating with - please read on.
As a key point of contact, you’ll be coordinating communication flow between Sales, Warehouse, Field Services and Accounting teams. Key responsibilities include:
- Updating the calendar / schedule daily by exchanging information with the sales, warehouse and field services teams
- Reviewing, inputting and filing operations paperwork (e.g. Field Service Reports, Work Orders, Inventory Movements, Timesheets)
- Arranging shipping and logistics to ensure safe and timely delivery of equipment and consumables using both our trucks and 3rd party trucking
Skills & Experience
- Min. 2+ years of experience working in the construction industry supporting the field service teams
- Outstanding communication skills with a positive telephone manner
- Strong customer service skills both internally and externally
- Strong attention to detail with a determined and tenacious work ethic
- Ability to multitask while prioritizing competing priorities
- Intermediate or higher skills with MS office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and ERP systems (Netsuite preferred)
- Experience with water management systems an asset
- High school diploma (min). Additional college/technical/university education preferred
- Additional education in administration, logistics, vendor management, coordination, scheduling desired
- Min. 3+ years of relevant logistics / coordinator work experience preferably within the construction industry
At Stormtec, we are committed to winning the long game. Which means being purposeful in both what and how we work - even if it means short term pain for long term success. All of this is driven by ensuring that we have the best people in the industry including creating an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values everyday.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves, for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following through on our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required as are results in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: email@example.com