Field Services Technician (Vancouver based)
Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
The Field Services team plays a vital role of managing and maintaining all our equipment when on a project. Technicians are responsible to mobilize Stormtec equipment on all new jobs and to ensure system functionality. This includes comprehending filtration system drawings, water sampling, diagnostics and repairs on site. Completing field service reports on a daily basis is also an important role to ensure information is communicated to other departments. Upon completion of a job, technicians are responsible for demobilizing and assisting with on site inventory management.
We are seeking a capable, independent, and talented individual to join our team to help service the equipment and to provide unparalleled water management systems to our customers. The ideal candidate understands how to be a strong team member, can think on their feet, multi-task, and ensure no details are missed in a fast-paced environment. Must have proven mechanical aptitude for routine site visits and troubleshooting of equipment.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to)
- Review Job scope for limitations before performing work to understand the System requirements
- Set up and test operations of mobilized equipment on site
- Conduct regular visits to operating systems set out by the Project Manager
- Check pH & turbidity levels to ensure levels are within site requirements and take water samples as required
- Diagnose and repair systems & equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Communicate with Project Manager & Project Coordinator
- Prepare Field Service Reports on forms and log books
- Maintaining accurate inventory tracking of equipment in transit and on site
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2+ years of previous work experience preferably within the construction industry.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a respectable driving record
- Ability to lift loads of up to 50lbs
- Highly desirable credentials include:
- Certified Telehandler/ Zoom Boom Operator license, Fall Protection, Basic Slinging and Rigging Course, Excavation Safety Training, up to date MSDS, TDG and WHIMIS
- Excavator experience or certificate
- Experience in HDPE Fusion machines
- Work well under pressure (internal and external), in a team and independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience in field service reporting, as well as, knowledge of water management solutions.
- Ability to comprehend filtration system drawings, calibrate probes, ph. boxes, turbidity meters are highly advantageous.
- Perform duties safely to comply with safety regulations including the use of hand and power tools
- Willingness to work overtime, and on call, particularly during rainy season is required
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
Candidates are encouraged to reside in the Lower Mainland. Candidates who wish to commute will also be considered.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing will be required.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Field Services Technician - Vancouver” on the subject line of your email.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.