Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
The estimator / project manager will be responsible for pricing all jobs related to the Pumping Solutions Division that includes Well Pointing, Deep Wells and Bypass (Sewer & Creek). They will be responsible for networking with suppliers, engineers and subcontractors. The Estimator will also be responsible for managing projects, developing detailed scopes of work, executing change orders, cost reports, contract preparation and onsite co-ordination. The estimator will report directly to the BC Sales Manager.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
- Prepare, submit and deliver proposals, tenders and estimates
- Assist with the development and administration of project contracts, budgets, quality control and job costing
- Assist in daily management of construction projects
- Assist in the review & interpretation of proposed designs, engineering drawings, specifications related to the bid and initiate questions to the engineer
- Represent STORMTEC with customers, consultants, engineers, stakeholders, sub-contractors, suppliers in a professional manner
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Construction Management or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of work experience within the construction industry
- Experience in water management would be an asset
- Knowledge of Dewatering techniques is highly desirable (i.e: Bypass / deep well / well point)
- Familiarity with Civil works and the ability to read & interpret civil drawings
- Responsible for reading contracts, survey data, geotechnical reports and conceptual drawings to determine the engineering requirements for the project
- Ability to develop & present estimates
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Able and willing to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent team-player
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Estimator/Project Manager ” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.