Environmental Tech/Plant Operator (Chemical Experience)
Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
Reporting to the Industrial Division Manager, the Environmental Technician will be responsible providing expertise in water chemistry, environmental standards, water remediation technology and general chemical product knowledge and its applications. As the Subject Matter Expert (SME), you will work with sales and operations teams to bring specialized knowledge of chemical processes, used on site projects offering Stormtec’s customers a unique and specialized service.
In addition, you will help be responsible for daily Operations and Maintenance of 1 -2 full time water treatment plants in the lower mainland also assist with other projects as they arise in your field of expertize. Technicians are responsible to mobilize Stormtec equipment on all new jobs and to ensure system functionality. This includes comprehending filtration system drawings, water sampling, diagnostics and repairs on site. Completing field reports on a daily basis is also an important role to ensure information is communicated to other departments as well as clients. Upon completion of a job, technicians are responsible for demobilizing and assisting with on-site inventory management.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
- Technical Advocate
- Interact with potential / existing customers and environmental consultants to provide process advice and remediation recommendations.
- Assist business development team with Pre sales recommendations based on process operating parameters and unique customer specifications at quote phase.
- Support and advise all internal teams with technical knowledge of industry standards of all environmental concerns to broaden the technical knowledge of the Stormtec team.
- Site Control
- Operate and maintain small-medium in-situ water treatment plants in the lower mainland.
- Act as an environmental resource for all chemicals and processes being used on customer sites.
- Audits site to ensure best practices for remediation is in place.
- Record misc. WTS data on site and work with PLC programme also on site.
- Field Support
- Set up and test operations of mobilized equipment on site (i.e. pumps)
- Check pH & turbidity levels to ensure levels are within site requirements and take water samples as require.
- Diagnose and repair systems & equipment (strong mechanical aptitude preferred)
- Prepare field service reports and maintain accurate inventory tracking of equipment in transit and on site.
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education a plus, any Chemical Engineering or Chemistry combination of education and experience in environmental management and water treatment preferred but not required.
- 2-5 years of practical water remediation experience in the water treatment industry preferred.
- Work experience and In-depth knowledge of water chemistry, storm water/sediment control treatment equipment and competitive water treatment technologies.
- Worked with technical information pertaining to water management systems.
- Presales presentation skills - comfortable speaking with clients/engineers
- Strong communication skills and business acumen (verbal and written)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Proven ability to prioritize and multitask under tight deliverables
- Familiarity with computerized and manual inventory replenishments systems (ERP/MRP), as well as, Microsoft Office (Word, advanced Excel skills) a plus.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Environmental (Chemical) Technician” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing will be required.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.