Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Driver/Warehouse Technician is responsible for shipping & receiving of goods, inspecting, testing & repairing of equipment, as well as, preparing & loading of consumables prior to shipping equipment to customer sites. The successful incumbent will rely on his/her diagnostic skills to assess equipment and perform necessary mechanical repairs in an efficient and timely manner. This role contributes to the overall effectiveness of the operation by identifying issues, finding solutions and taking pride and ownership as part of the team.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING:
- Pick equipment needed to fulfill new orders while maintaining accurate inventory management.
- Ensure equipment is checked and tagged when returned from site; inform Foreman if there are any damages, defects, or wear and tear.
- Check all deliveries against packing slips to determine if there are missing parts/equipment.
- Delivery, Load and unload trucks.
- Test and repair gear that has been returned and certify it for re-use, build new custom-spec equipment being added to the fleet.
- Prepare equipment for system installs.
- Troubleshoot returned equipment in need of repair or notify Foreman, to arrange for 3rd party repairs to be completed.
- Assist in research & development, bringing ideas forward to make equipment better, or create new equipment.
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Completed post-secondary education (diploma or certificate) in equipment maintenance, mechanical, electrical, pump filtration or related training.
- Class 3 with air brake endorsement and a clean driver’s abstract
- Current Class A crane certification required (we may train applicants with Class B certification)
- Strong mechanical aptitude towards diagnosing, troubleshooting and repairing equipment.
- Equipment maintenance experience is required.
- Minimum 2 years of warehousing experience with loading/unloading trucks and operating motorized equipment.
- Certified Forklift Operator license, TDG, WHIMIS and knowledge of MSDS specifications are advantageous.
- Ability to lift heavy loads of up to 50lbs.
- Proven ability to stand and work for long periods of time.
- Excellent time management skills ensuring proper warehouse protocols are followed.
- Superior communication (verbal and written) skills required.
- Ability to follow warehouse guidelines to create a safe, clean, and well-organized work environment.
- Must be able to do a respirator fit test.
- Able to work overtime with little to no notice.
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: email@example.com. Please indicate “Driver/Warehouse Technician” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing will be required.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.