Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, municipal, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving the most challenging water treatment projects on budget and on schedule. Our sales team is organized into Sediment Control, Environmental Solutions, Pumping Solutions and Major Projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
Stormtec is on track to have a second year of record growth and expansion. We are actively involved in high-profile sites such as Site C and YVR along with over 100 local construction projects. This role contributes in two key ways:
Sales: First is to build relationships to grow market share with existing and potential customers within assigned market segments with a goal of increasing revenue and gross margin $’s. This will be done by identifying leads and opportunities, design and scoping of a solution, following through from the sale and implementation of a project, to the completion and satisfaction of the customer. This position will educate and sell Stromtec’s unique service offering to its customers and become a superior business partner.
Project Management: Second is to effectively project manage each opportunity that is won from approval through to completion. This includes kicking off the project with the operations team and customer, approving all invoices, managing any changes in scope, remaining well informed always on the status of the project, stepping in as required to resolve any issues as well as ensuring collection of payment on all invoices. The PM works as a team with the assigned Field Tech to handle anything that affects the budget for the project.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
- Teamwork: Proactively and positively contribute to the performance of the sales team (the interest of the team comes first, ahead of the individual)
- Business Development: Strategize, research, grow & manage sales in assigned market segment(s).
- Quotes & Proposals: Gather and review project information (e.g. drawings, ESC plans, geotechnical reports), design solution, scope, price, negotiate & close.
- Project Management: Project manage all closed-won opportunities through to completion.
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Economics, Sales or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of successful technical sales experience within construction, environmental, water/wastewater, oil & gas, mining, or other transferable industry.
- Demonstrated presentation skills - comfortable speaking in client/project meetings and seminars.
- Proven success in developing new business and generating sales leads by managing a territory and selling activities.
- Ability to respond to escalated inquiries or complaints from customers and vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities in an organized and detailed manner.
- Work well under pressure (internal and external).
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, with a willingness to work overtime when required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong, interactive team player, integrative thinker with proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to produce accurate and timely quotes, proposals & reports.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Driver’s License in good standing
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Business Dev/Sales Rep” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
- To meet the physical demands required of some positions, candidates must be in good physical condition and willing to work in all weather conditions. Clearance on pre-placement medical and drug and alcohol testing will be required.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.