AP Lead/Office Manager
Stormtec specializes in smart, environmentally friendly, advanced water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We provide both temporary and permanent solutions and have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving, on budget and on schedule, the most challenging water treatment projects. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management in Western Canada. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
The Accounts Payable and Office Manager role has two primary functions. He/she responsible for the timely processing of vendor bills and to help finance and admin team meet monthly reporting goals. He/she will also organize, coordinate office administration and procedures, to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. This role is for an energetic professional that excels at wearing multiple hats, is experienced in handling a wide range of accounting and administrative tasks.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to):
Accounts Payable (50% of workload)
- Post and scans 20+ vendor bills daily, ensuring accurate G/L coding, due dates, descriptions and, project or equipment build allocation.
- Conducts 3-way or 2-way match process and identifies discrepancies.
- Assist with data entry of labor hours from workorders into Netsuite as required
- Obtains necessary approval for service invoices and validates against contract requirements.
- Verifies and obtains authorization for discrepancies in prices, quantity received, and freight charges
- Validates applicable taxes (GST, PST) and ensures proper coding in accounting system.
- Communicates with suppliers regarding any taxation errors (GST/PST being charged on exempt supplies or services)
- Ensures timely payment of all invoices to avoid late payment fees and optimize cash discounts.
- Follow up with vendors to resolve billing issues where necessary.
- Post and reconcile corporate credit card transactions monthly
- Distributes cheques to suppliers
General Administration (50% of workload)
- Answering phones and distributing incoming faxes, mail & couriers.
- Book travel arrangements and accommodations.
- Liaise and negotiate with external suppliers for office purchases and supply contracts.
- Communicates with IT consultants re: general IT requests, and visit scheduling. Tracks IT inventory
- Manage and organize office, kitchen and bathroom supplies.
- Contact building management with building issues
- Administers and maintains corporate cell phones in accordance with Corporate cellphone policy, communicates with Vendor regarding inquiries, changes, needs
SKILLS & RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Completed or currently working towards post-secondary degree/diploma/certificate in an administrative program or relevant field (ex. Business Administration, Commerce, Economics)
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in the following areas:
- Experience in Project Invoicing based on billable work in a construction company or rental company an asset.
- Processing Accounts Payable in a small to medium sized construction or construction-related industry.
- Working within a complex ERP environment (NetSuite experience is preferred)
- Job costing experience (desirable).
- Collaborating with customers, suppliers, warehouse, sales, field staff and managers.
- Proficient in MS Office
- Previous reception and/or customer service experience an asset
Attributes & Skills
- Excellent multitasking, organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills
- Self starter with a roll-up-the-sleeve and get the job done outlook.
- Team player with penchant for customer happiness
At Stormtec we are committed to winning the long-game. That means being purposeful in both what we undertake and how we work - even if it means short-term pain for long-term success. We are building a team that includes the best people in the industry, people who want to work at a company with an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values every day.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves and for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on both commitments and expectations while also following our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. True teamwork is a multiplier and not a diminisher of what individuals can accomplish on their own.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required, as are results, in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic and growing BC Team, please forward your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “AP Lead/Office Manager ” on the subject line of your email.
- If you are considered for the position, clearance on all applicable background checks (which may include criminal, identity, educational, and/or credit) and professional reference checks is required.
- A technical/practical assessment may be administered during the selection process and this exercise will be used as a part of the selection criterion.
NOTE: We would like to thank all applicants who apply. However, only those who are shortlisted and who are eligible to accept employment in Canada WITHOUT sponsorship will be considered.