Business Development Representative
Stormtec offers water management solutions for the construction, oil and gas, mining, forestry and industrial wastewater sectors. We have a hard-earned reputation for successfully solving the most challenging water treatment projects on budget and on schedule. With offices located in British Columbia and Alberta, we are the leader in water management solutions in Western Canada.
We specialize in smart, environmentally advanced water management. If you are an environmentally conscious and creative problem-solver seeking a new challenge, talk to us about joining our team.
As a Business Development professional with a background in industrial services, you have a passion for initiating and building on customer relationships. You’re inquisitive and want to understand what gives our products and services their competitive advantage. By joining us, you’ll be working to build Stormtec’s business leading one or more market segments. Whether working independently or on a team, you have a strong customer focus, paying close attention to detail while effectively positioning Stormtec as an industry leader in delivering water management solutions.
- Manage and strategically grow business in an assigned market segment (e.g. sediment control, environmental, bypass, dewatering, emergency response)
- Proactively build relationships with multiple points of contact within target companies to understand their priorities and future opportunities
- Identify new business opportunities and markets by monitoring industry trends and developments including networking with relevant stakeholders (e.g. contractors, environmental consultants, regulators, monitors, engineers)
- Provide timely customer and prospect feedback to sales team concerning the organization's activities, plans and strategies
Quotes & Proposals
- Gather and review relevant project information (e.g. drawings, ESC plans, geotechnical reports) to generate a customized solution
- Prepare cost estimates for all quotes in accordance with departmental process and submit quotes for review
- Prepare and price quote to balance maximizing margin while remaining competitive
- Lead and contribute to proposals on larger opportunities
- Act as liaison with customer and Field Tech staff overseeing and managing scope changes, equipment modifications and various project needs
- Lead internal and external kick-off meetings to convey details of the project scope
- Review and approve all invoices on assigned projects
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
We are looking for dynamic professionals that know how to sell solutions, truly embrace the power of collaborating with the sales team and are driven to see themselves, the sales department and Stormtec thrive. Our values are the foundation on which we are built and central to what makes us different. What you bring is the following:
- Post-secondary education combined with 3-5 years of successful sales experience within environmental, water/wastewater, oil & gas, mining, or other transferable industry
- Track record of successfully prospecting / self-sourcing new appointments and leads
- Proven experience working with customers in a consultative role identifying tailored solutions crafting win-win solutions
- Superior presentation skills with proven confidence engaging and building customer relationships
- Live the core values of the organization.
- Strong ability to collaborate with all colleagues to foster a deep sense of community and information sharing on all projects
- Skills in the application of CRM and web-based research to increase market reach
- Fluent in the use of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Commitment to grow and succeed in this role over time
At Stormtec, we are committed to winning the long game. Which means being purposeful in both what and how we work - even if it means short term pain for long term success. All of this is driven by ensuring that we have the best people in the industry including creating an inspirational and engaging organizational culture. We achieve this by living our Core Values everyday.
- Honesty – The courage to tell each other, our customers, our partners what needs to be said even if it is not what they want to hear.
- Respect – For ourselves, for each other, to model a respectful workplace.
- Accountability – To be clear on commitments and expectations while also following through on our word.
- Teamwork – 1+1 should equal 3 not 1.5. We can achieve so much more working together than we can apart if we embrace what true teamwork requires.
- Performance – Hard work and smart work are required as are results in our roles if we are to create a healthy, thriving and rewarding business with plenty of opportunities for everyone.
If you are a high-performance team player that is interested in joining our dynamic growing BC Team, apply with Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com Please reference Job Title you are applying for in Subject.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.